1. There’s new Lorde music coming.
She’s going to provide the lead single for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1.
2. And she’ll be curating the entire soundtrack, which she says will “surprise people.”
“Curating the soundtrack for such a hotly anticipated film was a challenge, but I jumped at the chance,” she said in a press release. “The cast and story are an inspiration for all musicians participating and, as someone with cinematic leanings, being privy to a different creative process has been a unique experience.”
3. Lorde backs up Katniss while she kicks some serious Capitol ass come Nov. 21.
The soundtrack will be out in the fall off of Republic records.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating.