2. On July 10, Azealia Banks tweeted that she was going to “get out” of her record deal with Interscope.
4. Banks has said she’s wanted to be released from her label deal for months. Back in January she tweeted she was “in hell” at Interscope parent company Universal and was “begging” to be dropped.
Prior to being with Universal, Banks signed to XL Recordings under the name Miss Bank$. As of July 10, her artist page on Interscope’s site is dead.
5. Naturally, her fans went crazy on Twitter.
9. A spokesperson for Interscope did not immediately return a request for comment.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Red Bull apologized for posting a video of people in blackface chasing a banana.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.