1. She’s not afraid to voice her opinion.
You were all thinking it.
2. She knows how effective the silent treatment is.
3. A daily workout is essential to her.
And she instills the same discipline in her son, Bobby.
5. She’s not afraid to dream big.
Just because you’re stuck in the suburbs doesn’t mean your dreams have to be.
6. She doesn’t understand the way men think either.
And if Peggy can’t, there’s not much hope for the rest of us.
9. She always believes in herself.
There is nothing wrong with a humble brag every now and then.
11. Peg’s quite the worldly woman.
She is a substitute Spanish teacher, even though her language skills aren’t the best. As a result, she considers herself Arlen’s aficionado on all things Mexican, which include running the Cinco de Mayo Block Party and Dia de los Arlentinos.
14. Look up the definition of resilience in the dictionary. It’s Peggy.
She is one of only 16 survivors* to jump out of a plane and survive.
*Her own estimate.
15. Peggy, like all of us, can sometimes be self-conscious.
She just so happens to be a “full-footed” woman. Size 16.5 to be exact.
Supportive and present parent.
And went on to be one of Arlen’s premier women’s softball league pitchers.
19. She’s not afraid to take some fashion risks.
New dye job? Yep. Questionable clothes? Yep. Theatrical makeup? Haven’t we all?
20. She’s seen her fair share of rough nights.
The greatest stories never start with someone eating a salad.
Peggy’s a wife, mother, teacher, and an inspiration to us all.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!