1. Each Walmart store takes up the space of nearly 2.5 football fields (that’s a lot of cheap stuff!)
2. A Walmart in McAllen, Texas, has been converted into a 124,500-square-foot public library, the largest single-floor public library in the United States.
4. The library saw new user registration rise by 23% within the first month following the new library’s opening.
5. way to go, ‘merica
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.