1. This is Samantha Ford and her boyfriend, Albert DeSimone. They’ve known each other since they were in the 5th Grade. Albert is an Army Specialist and was deployed to Afghanistan last September.
2. Earlier this week, Samantha went to this Arlington, Massachusetts Dunkin’ Donuts.
3. While she was in there, a passerby noticed this sticker on Samantha’s car.
4. What Samantha found on her windshield when she returned to her car left her in tears.
5. Samantha posted the above photo on a Facebook page called Our Deployment, a support community for military veterans and their families. The photo is well on its way to 2 million likes.
Gavon Laessig is a deputy news director and front page editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈