1. This is Samantha Ford and her boyfriend, Albert DeSimone. They’ve known each other since they were in the 5th Grade. Albert is an Army Specialist and was deployed to Afghanistan last September.
2. Earlier this week, Samantha went to this Arlington, Massachusetts Dunkin’ Donuts.
3. While she was in there, a passerby noticed this sticker on Samantha’s car.
4. What Samantha found on her windshield when she returned to her car left her in tears.
5. Samantha posted the above photo on a Facebook page called Our Deployment, a support community for military veterans and their families. The photo is well on its way to 2 million likes.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›