1. This is Samantha Ford and her boyfriend, Albert DeSimone. They’ve known each other since they were in the 5th Grade. Albert is an Army Specialist and was deployed to Afghanistan last September.
2. Earlier this week, Samantha went to this Arlington, Massachusetts Dunkin’ Donuts.
3. While she was in there, a passerby noticed this sticker on Samantha’s car.
4. What Samantha found on her windshield when she returned to her car left her in tears.
5. Samantha posted the above photo on a Facebook page called Our Deployment, a support community for military veterans and their families. The photo is well on its way to 2 million likes.
Gavon Laessig is a deputy news director and front page editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.