From a Youtube video (which can be viewed below if you have a cast iron stomach) documenting the practices of a typical raccoon dog farm in China:
“Investigators filmed animals that were kicking and writhing as workers ripped their skin from their bodies. If the animals struggled too much, workers stood on the animals’ neck Or they beat the animals’ heads with knife handles until the creatures stopped moving.
It’s also a very slow process, and they usually start from the feet(paw)-up, giving the animal plenty of time to endure the pain. After their fur was peeled, the animals’ bodies were tossed into a pile like so much trash, most still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog, tossed onto a heap of carcasses; it had enough strength to lift its bloodied head and stare into the camera.
It raised its head, blinked with its remaining eyelashes and then lay its head down to continue dying for anything from 2-3 Hours.”
2. So if you’re wearing these…
3. You might be wearing these…
4. WARNING: This footage is awful. Don’t watch if you’re squeamish.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.