From a Youtube video (which can be viewed below if you have a cast iron stomach) documenting the practices of a typical raccoon dog farm in China:
“Investigators filmed animals that were kicking and writhing as workers ripped their skin from their bodies. If the animals struggled too much, workers stood on the animals’ neck Or they beat the animals’ heads with knife handles until the creatures stopped moving.
It’s also a very slow process, and they usually start from the feet(paw)-up, giving the animal plenty of time to endure the pain. After their fur was peeled, the animals’ bodies were tossed into a pile like so much trash, most still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog, tossed onto a heap of carcasses; it had enough strength to lift its bloodied head and stare into the camera.
It raised its head, blinked with its remaining eyelashes and then lay its head down to continue dying for anything from 2-3 Hours.”
2. So if you’re wearing these…
3. You might be wearing these…
4. WARNING: This footage is awful. Don’t watch if you’re squeamish.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.