From 1998 to 2002, Disney Channel went by a much better name: Zoog Disney. I don’t know about you, but most people I know think I’m insane when I say those words. Am I the only one who remembers the little robot characters that would fly around and tell you what episode of “The Famous Jett Jackson” was coming up next? When I mention this to my friends, it seems that I am. “But they were real!” I exclaim as they ignore my crazed nostalgia and leave me behind to sulk in my old-school-tv ways. In honor of the best Disney Channel era, here is a list of awesomeness that you probably never knew originated during the Zoog Disney days:
2. The Famous Jett Jackson
3. Bug Juice
4. So Weird
5. In a Heartbeat
6. Even Stevens
7. Lizzie McGuire
8. The Proud Family
11. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century
12. The Thirteenth Year
13. Smart House
Who didn’t want to marry Ryan Merriman and live in his super awesome house?
14. Johnny Tsunami
15. Horse Sense
17. The Color of Friendship
18. Alley Cats Strike!
Best. Movie. Ever. Especially if you love cheesy endings and Kaley Cuoco in poodle skirts.
19. Rip Girls
Also best movie ever
You know what, let’s just assume that all of these are the best movie ever
21. Phantom of the Megaplex
Except this one. This one legitimately scared me as a child.
22. The Ultimate Christmas Present
Who doesn’t love giant elves and a mini Brenda Song?
23. Zenon: the Zequel
25. The Luck of the Irish
26. Jett Jackson: The Movie
27. Jumping Ship
28. And who could forget those Disney Channel Concerts
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 was the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers spent more than $3 billion 💳📲 ›