The awful and sad truth is: there comes a time when you have to break up with a close friend.
Whether it be over a petty fight, or something more serious… There’s no way around it, and it fucking SUCKS.
But sometimes you simply realize that you’re on different paths, and being friends with one another no longer feels right or organic.
Here are some tips on how to go about it. Spoiler alert: it won’t be easy.
1. Give them a slight indication of how you feel.
3. And if you do end up hanging out, maybe bring a few friends along with you, unannounced.
4. Be careful not to get overly excited when responding to their text messages.
5. Try to position yourself as the bad guy, this might make it easier for them to leave you.
7. Maybe all of a sudden be extremely busy when they call.
8. Now comes the absolute worst part, and no you can’t avoid it. At some point, you’re going to have to walk away.
9. And when they question your absence, you’ll have to come straight out and hit them with your true feelings.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›