1. You often see yellow tape and people gathered around.
2. Every other day there is a fire to shoot.
3. They are your best friends when you need information on a story.
4. You know how to operate one of these.
6. Majority of your time at work you spend editing your footage.
Notice I have the green juice to keep me alive throughout the day.
7. You have a mini heart attack when your editing system crashes because you don’t remember if you saved your work.
8. What producers think you can do.
Most times they want you to make miracles happen at the very last minute.
9. Yeap, nobody cares about your health and safety! Making deadline is more important.
Believe me I’ve gone days without eating trying to make deadline.
12. But so does everyone that works in news.
13. You sleep with your phone next to you because you are on call and fear you will miss the phone call.
14. This is the death of you.You count how many hours of sleep you will be able to get only to have to get up in a couple of hours.If you can get at least five hours of sleep then you had a good night’s rest.
15. Of course, only to get called in and look like this.Just your luck right?
16. You celebrate holidays with your co-workers because holidays DON’T exist in news. News still happens people while you are enjoying your day off.
17. You turn to alcohol to relieve stress from work.
18. This is how you feel when you are finally off after working long hours.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›