1. The premise is simple: Live like a Caveman.
A caveman with a house and a smartphone, that is.
2. Only eat what you could hunt or gather in the wild.
Whole Foods on a Sunday afternoon doesn’t count.
3. Avoid anything that requires cultivated farming or processing.
Ain’t nobody got time for that, when you’re a nomadic caveman.
4. Our bodies haven’t evolved to properly digest those complex foods.
Gluten? Lactose? There’s a reason people are so gosh-darn intolerant these days.
5. Enjoy eating lots of fruits, vegetables, lean meat, nuts and seeds, and seafood!
Basically, anything you can eat raw or cook with a fire.
6. Avoid grains, refined dairy, starches, legumes, or processed sugars.
Learn more about getting started here.
7. Eat when you’re hungry. Don’t eat when you’re not.
Seems obvious, but also means rethinking that breakfast-lunch-dinner model.
9. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
And vary your exercise. Sprint once in a while, like you were being chased by a mastodon. Lift heavy things, like boulders or mastodons.
10. Sleep when it’s dark. Work when it’s light.
Allow your body to develop a natural sleep cycle, and minimize the use of artificial lighting.