1. Why Do Cats Purr?
After this post shook the world, scientists were required to put if they liked cats or dogs better at the bottom of all their scientific papers.
3. Optical Illusions
These optical illusions captivated the world, or at least three or four babies.
4. Understand Groundhog Day
His secret revealed, Punxsatawney Phil left meteorology to study physics.
5. Avoid Smoking Cigarettes
Learning the truth about cigarettes boosted sales for chewing tobacco.
6. Why Are Sharks Attracted to Blood?
In light of this shark research, marine biologists are trying to get sharks to try mustard.
7. Research And Development
Shortly after this picture was taken, these scientists developed some of the cutest technology yet: hamster boots.
8. Why Do We Procrastinate?
Now that people understand procrastination, they can precrastinate (procrastinate ahead of time).
9. Be Bear Aware
Sadly this post didn’t do much to stop those bears. Look behind you, quickly!
10. What’s The Difference Between The Alligator and Crocodile?
Thanks to this post about the difference between alligators and crocodiles, 90% of all people know exactly what ate their baby.
11. Are Unicorns Real?
Now that they know the truth children have stopped believing in unicorns and devoted their lives to statistics.
12. Why Do Mosquitoes Itch?
Unfortunately, this science about why mosquitos itch was misinterpreted and people began dry cleaning their skin.
Thank you for following our science. The next year promises to be the best yet, so visit Fake Science for new lessons, amazing test tube discounts, and a more scientific life.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›