1. A Japanese boy and his French bulldog found that they were indispensable to one another.
2. A fat rabbit adopted some baby pigs.
3. A grumpy old capybara dad waited patiently at the door to say something like, “Where have you been all night, young lady?”
4. Baby and Frenchie diplomacy reached heights that would have been almost unthinkable in 2012.
5. A Shih Tzu rescued a stray kitten and nursed her back to health.
8. Regina, the world’s largest hedgehog, won awards, broke hearts, and basically saved the world.
9. A LITERAL fox and hound became best friends.
10. A lone corgi twerked…and the world twerked with her.
11. Meanwhile, the world’s luckiest face had a visit from a baby otter.
12. A panda mom discovered that she was delighted with her baby.
13. One of the most influential napping partnerships in the history of the world was formed.
14. A dog and an elephant set out to prove that “species” is just a classification, not a recommendation about who to make friends with.
15. An extremely serious-minded squirrel dramatically pushed a baby carriage with a teddy bear in it through the snow.
17. But there was no one in the world more ashamed than this golden retriever.
18. A dog from the future came to visit today’s dogs and everyone was a little bit surprised and worried about the whole thing.
19. A world-beating genius had the idea to put a bunch of panda babies into a crib.
20. And someone presumably from the same Genius Factory had the idea to put a bunch of baby sloths in a bucket.
21. A TERRIFYING lion cub played in the leaves …
…and scared them right back into the trees where they belong.
22. Astoundingly, that wasn’t even the best thing that happened to leaves this year. This Siberian husky was the best thing that happened to leaves this year.
23. A sensitive pug was deeply, deeply offended.
25. Lots of puppies had hiccups, but particularly these puppies had these hiccups.
27. One talented Frenchie mastered the art of sleeping in sinks.
28. A bedtime pioneer came up with a perfect nighttime routine.
29. And the simple act of rubbing a pig’s belly produced the most historically important pig noises ever made.
31. A deer came to visit with a cat and the cat was surprisingly cool about it.
32. All of the golden retrievers who had been saying, “We should get together some time” for years finally actually did it.
33. Years of practice at synchronized falling off of a table finally paid off.
39. A boy and his new kitten fell asleep in a car seat while the world’s saddest backpack looked on.
41. Quokkas became the “it” animal in 2013 thanks to their enthusiasm and their winning smiles.
42. Two huskies who weren’t sure if they would be friends at first discovered that they had an awful lot in common.
43. And a boy and his dog staged a moving protest when fate attempted to separate them.
46. …a chow chow and his stuffed lion discovered that they were twins…
47. …Harlow and Sage became the world’s funniest best friends…
48. …CC the sloth got her makeup done before her appearance on the Today show…
CC and her person have an adorable book out now. You can learn more over at Slothville.com.
49. …a baby otter had an inspiring drink of milk…
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. It's unclear how many people were inside the helicopter or what their conditions are.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?