1. You must read the whole post.
2. If at any point you squeal with delight, you lose the game. This includes saying “Squee” or “Aww,” or sighing heavily.
3. Your ovaries may not at any point explode, metaphorically or literally. (If the latter, seek IMMEDIATE medical help).
OK, let’s do this thing!
1. OK, first look at this family of meerkats. They love each other and they protect each other, as you can see from this photograph.
2. Now, have a quick gander at this picture of a rabbit mom and her daughter, who are posing for the camera.
WE INTERRUPT THIS POST TO BRING YOU A HEDGEHOG TAKING A BATH
4. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Please direct your attention to Exhibit A: This baby penguin spending some time with four stuffed animal versions of herself.
6. Exhibit C: A kitten with a bear who later grew up into a cat with a bear.
12. OK, now watch this short but important video of Butterball the dog trying to make it down the stairs.
13. Great work! You are almost through. Now it’s time to stretch …
16. And get back to work! Look at this picture of a quokka who just wants you to love him, for God’s sake.
17. And this one of a baby polar bear who wholeheartedly agrees with the quokka, even though he’s not entirely sure whether that is actually a real kind of animal.
20. C) Or this cat mom?
26. Now we have reached the Puppy/Baby portion of this post. Your task is easy: Look at each photo in turn, and identify which individual in the photo is a puppy, and which is a baby. Make sense? OK, we will start with an easy one.
29. TRICK QUESTION! - (Hint: The positions of the puppy and the baby have been reversed in this photograph.)
32. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??? OK, we are almost finished. Now it’s time for …
THE LIGHTNING ROUND!
The rules of the lightning round are very simple.
1. You will be shown a series of pictures depicting everyday occurrences.
2. Look at each picture in succession and describe to yourself what it depicts.
3. Check your own answer against the answer in the caption below.
4. DO NOT SAY “SQUEE.”
Answer: A tiger cub and a monkey who are getting along famously.
Answer: An aunt swan who is looking after her nephew while the swan parents are out shopping for swan baby clothes.
Answer: A pile of bunnies in sweaters. The technical term for a group of bunnies in sweaters is “A Furble.” Give yourself an extra point if you knew this.
Answer: A bunny who has gone to the supermarket with a BUNNY-SIZED SHOPPING CART and who stopped in the vegetable aisle to stock up on carrots, lettuce, and broccoli, both for the purposes of making a salad and for eating individually.
44. OK, almost finished! Now just watch this REAL QUICK video and you are done!
Congrats! You made it through!
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.