4. A kitten who is outraged and affronted by the audacity of her human companion:
What this picture teaches us: That all this stuff we learned in the last lesson about breaking down our barriers and so forth is all well and good, but you shouldn’t touch people if they don’t seem like they want you to.
5. A cat who is unimpressed by the weather report:
What this picture teaches us: That, as the famous expression goes, “No matter how important you think you are, you should always stop along the road of life to pick up the cats and let them lick your beard.”
7. An orphaned pony whose best friend is a concerned-looking teddy bear:
What this picture teaches us: That, if you have the opportunity to get your hands on an orphaned pony and a giant teddy bear, it will be a GREAT investment, even though you may lose some money on straw expenditures over the years.
10. A cat who is almost certainly about to start a sentence with the phrase, “I don’t always sit on cat trees …”
What this picture teaches us: That if a cat ever starts talking to you and there is an Escher painting in the background, you may not be getting enough sleep.
20. The most terrifying hiccup of all time:
What this picture teaches us: That Marcus Aurelius was prescient indeed when he said, “Never let the [hiccup] disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.”
21. Two hugging kittens simultaneously sleep-yawning:
What this picture teaches us: That the highly controversial theory that the universe began not with the expansion of concentrated matter from a single point but with a powerful and devastating simultaneous sleep yawn is at least slightly more credible than we had previously thought.
25. The dramatic Charge of the Feline Light Brigade:
What this picture teaches us: That when you hear your cat muttering, “Theirs not to make reply / Theirs not to reason why / Theirs but to do and die!” from the next room, you should either call the police or go and give the rocking horse another push.
26. A pug in a lifejacket triumphantly facing her destiny:
What this picture teaches us: That we can never know the exact moment when we will realize what we were put on this Earth for, but let’s all hope it happens while we’re on the beach so we can have a daquiri in the sun while we’re mulling it over.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.