1. A nap increases stamina, and can even repair muscles and bones.
So you can finally close your mouth and eyes at the same time.
2. Napping makes you less of a grump.
Being sleepy makes you cranky, and a quick nap is an easy mood booster.
3. If this cat took a 2-5 minute nap, he’d be less likely to feel sleepy the rest of the day.
It’s true! Something as quick as a little cat nap can ward off continued sleepiness.
4. Stressed out from all that housework? Nap!
Even if you don’t sleep for long, a nap reduces stress and eases you into a more relaxed state.
5. Napping boosts alertness, so you won’t fall asleep while standing.
One NASA study found that after a 40 minute snooze-fest, their pilots were more alert. It’s astronaut tested and approved!
6. It also improves vision, so you won’t fall asleep in weird places.
Cardboard boxes won’t look like beds anymore!
7. Want to learn more? NAP!
Your brain activity remains higher when you nap!
9. You know who liked to nap? Leonardo da Vinci, Napoleon, Winston Churchill, Thomas Edison, Ronald Reagan, JFK, and even Colonel Meow.
These famous nappers are on to something.
10. Taking a nap will boost your creativity!
When you take a nap, there’s a surge of activity in the right side of your brain (aka the creative side!).
11. Need to cram for an exam? Naps help improve your short-term memory!
Close those books and take a nap!
12. Taking a nap at work can help you get through the rest of the day!
Emotionally and physically. So just lay your head down, boo.
13. You can also nap with friends and share a special bonding moment.
No words, just nap.
15. Like, so cute that people might try to hold you in their hands.
17. GOOD GRAVY, NAPPING IS SO ADORABLE MY HEAD MIGHT EXPLODE BEFORE I GET TO TAKE ONE!
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️