2. The moment after you finally pick up your badge.
Tastes like FREEDOM.
3. Being in a place where everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, is geeked out.
4. Trying to correctly guess what other people’s obscure outfits are from.
I’ll give you a hint on these: They’re from a web comic series!
5. Watching San Diego — the biggest bro city in California — turn into Nerd Town USA.
6. Game of Thrones anything, basically.
7. The unadulterated joy of getting housing when no one else can.
Especially when that housing gets taken over by Spider-Man.
8. Visiting all of the tricked out pop-up parties.
Dracula with Jonathan Rhys Meyers? Yes, you may bite me now.
9. Pouring through this guide, and discovering a panel you didn’t see before.
“Law and the Zombie Apocalypse,” anyone?
10. Watching all of the badass tweens totally upstage everyone.
11. Picking out a pair of comfy shoes to wear on the Con floor. (AKA Vans)
Hey, you need comfy kicks at the Con. I get it.
13. Getting to see all of the epic homemade costumes.
And knowing that you can’t possibly see them all.
14. Knowing that you’re breathing the same air as the people you write fanfic about.
16. Finalizing your very own panel schedule.
And sharing the excitement with friends!
17. Checking out all of the booth merch, and pretending like you might have the cash to buy some.
19. Accidentally being at a booth just in time to score their free swag.
23. And actually getting into a panel in Hall H for which you’ve been waiting 8 hours.
(Or for which you camped out all night.)
25. Pedicabs, so someone else can drag your sore feet to the parties.
26. All of the free food and drinks, because it’s FREE.
I don’t LIKE 5-hour energy drinks, but I’m not above a free sample!
28. Getting a seat on The Trolley.
Especially if Yoda’s riding with you.