“Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It” might be one of Will Smith’s greatest accomplishments. It was a single released in 1998 off of his Big Willie Style album and it won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance.
A grammy. It won a grammy. That is all.
1. Remember when Will wore this puffy robin’s egg blue tracksuit?
3. Then Will sang some lyrics in pig latin?
Translation: Will the man on the dance floor.
4. While wearing this crushed velvet suit?
5. And he was joined by two aliens from the future and he could barely handle it?
7. Remember how, after that, Will got jiggy while dressed as a Pharaoh and carrying a mini version of himself*?
*We photoshopped that in, but it would’ve been awesome.
8. And these friends of Will’s showed up shirtless to watch the action?
Especially this guy, who was super focused on Will.
9. Remember how he got totally sick of ancient Egypt and flew to Hawaii, where he wore this fab floral number?
10. And he had more shirtless man friends there, including this polynesian man in a large brown paper skirt.
11. And one of the backup dancers got super close to the screen.
12. Remember how Will then went to New York City in an all-white suit?! So cool.
13. And this special man was so impressed that he decided to get Jiggy too.
14. As was this hot Indian lady.
And because everyone should have the pleasure of enjoying this video in full…
- Civil rights attorneys filed a lawsuit seeking a court order for footage of the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark in Minneapolis.
- Robocalls from John Kasich's campaign to voters on a do-not-call list sparked complaints to New Hampshire's attorney general 🇺🇸
- And Red Lobster got a sales boost after Beyoncé mentioned the chain in her latest song, "Formation." 👑🍤