1. Kanye West recently compared his work to that of a police officer during a radio interview:
“That mountain goes really, really high,” he told SaturdayNightOnline.com, referring to his onstage performances during songs like, “Coldest Winter.” He continued, “And if I slipped…You never know. And, I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something. You literally go out to do your job everyday, knowing that something could happen to you.”
2. Here’s the moving mountain he was referring to:
3. In response, police Chief David Oliver, of Brimfield, OH, wrote this Facebook post:
4. Did I mention that Chief Oliver is also an author? Yeah, he wrote a book about being an officer.
5. In conclusion: Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.