1. Kanye West recently compared his work to that of a police officer during a radio interview:
“That mountain goes really, really high,” he told SaturdayNightOnline.com, referring to his onstage performances during songs like, “Coldest Winter.” He continued, “And if I slipped…You never know. And, I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something. You literally go out to do your job everyday, knowing that something could happen to you.”
2. Here’s the moving mountain he was referring to:
3. In response, police Chief David Oliver, of Brimfield, OH, wrote this Facebook post:
4. Did I mention that Chief Oliver is also an author? Yeah, he wrote a book about being an officer.
5. In conclusion: Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating the incident.