1. Kanye West recently compared his work to that of a police officer during a radio interview:
“That mountain goes really, really high,” he told SaturdayNightOnline.com, referring to his onstage performances during songs like, “Coldest Winter.” He continued, “And if I slipped…You never know. And, I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something. You literally go out to do your job everyday, knowing that something could happen to you.”
2. Here’s the moving mountain he was referring to:
3. In response, police Chief David Oliver, of Brimfield, OH, wrote this Facebook post:
4. Did I mention that Chief Oliver is also an author? Yeah, he wrote a book about being an officer.
5. In conclusion: Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›