1. Kanye West recently compared his work to that of a police officer during a radio interview:
“That mountain goes really, really high,” he told SaturdayNightOnline.com, referring to his onstage performances during songs like, “Coldest Winter.” He continued, “And if I slipped…You never know. And, I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something. You literally go out to do your job everyday, knowing that something could happen to you.”
2. Here’s the moving mountain he was referring to:
3. In response, police Chief David Oliver, of Brimfield, OH, wrote this Facebook post:
4. Did I mention that Chief Oliver is also an author? Yeah, he wrote a book about being an officer.
5. In conclusion: Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›