1. These are the M&M’s we know and love:
Delightfully chromatic pieces of chocolate joy.
2. But did you know that in the 1980s, M&M’s had a different look?
8. BUT THAT’S IT. Which means that M&M’s looked something like THIS* in the 1980s:
*Minus the reds, if you can even imagine a more dreary combination of candy-coated sadness.
9. Thankfully, someone realized that spiraling into a Thanksgiving-hued vortex of despair isn’t what you want when you tear open a bag of M&M’s.
So they nixed the tans, reintroduced the reds, and added blue.
11. But HOLD UP. Why would they ever discontinue purple?
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating the incident.