1. One of the accounts tweeting during Thursday night’s “The Sound of Music Live!” was @DiGiornoPizza, the verified account for the frozen pizza brand.
2. The tweets started right on time with the East Coast broadcast, with no preamble.
3. Whoever was behind them had a knowledge of the musical’s score.
4. And a taste for writing punny pizza-related tweets during the show’s action.
7. Fans were amused by the brand’s involvement.
10. And the tweeting generated cross-country success for DiGiorno.
12. When reached on Twitter by BuzzFeed, the person behind @DiGiornoPizza preferred to remain anonymous.
“I will say this was an unplanned event. That the brand trusts me and my agency with the account. And that trust is what makes moments like this possible,” the @DiGiornoPizza tweeter said. Though the tweeter is anonymous for now, the brand’s Twitter account is managed by the Resource digital marketing agency.