1. Vietnamese Steak and Vermicelli Bowl
A very simple assembly. If you can’t find birds eye chili for the sauce, don’t stress. Get the recipe.
2. Low-Carb Meatballs Alla Parmigiana
This is a great recipe to make a big batch of, freeze, and then thaw in the oven (under some sauce and cheese) whenever you need a quick dinner. Get the recipe.
3. Vegetarian Spinach and Pea Fried Rice
Saute scallions and peas; add cooked rice, soy sauce, vinegar and mirin; add spinach and whisk in eggs. Yum. Get the recipe.
4. Marinated Grilled Chicken with Cucumber-Watermelon Salsa
If you don’t have a grill, just pan roast your chicken breast (you can use a grill pan or just a regular skillter): Heat the oven to 400, heat canola oil in the skillet until it’s nearly smoking, put the chicken breasts into the skillet, pressing down occasionally for 5 minutes then transfer the skillet to oven and roast until chicken is just cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Get the recipe.
5. Linguine With Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese
Use whole grain pasta is you’re doing the healthy thing right now. And if you’re in a rush you can skip the toasted nuts and buy frozen corn. Get the recipe.
6. Grilled Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw, Mango and Avocado
If you don’t have a grill, just pan fry the fish: Heat a pan with canola oil until almost smoking then cook fish on eat side for 2-3 minutes. And if you’re in a hurry / hungry, skip the sour cream-cabbage concoction and just squeeze a little lime and sprinkle salt on sliced cabbage. Get the recipe.
We've got your WKND covered.
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›