1. Vietnamese Steak and Vermicelli Bowl
A very simple assembly. If you can’t find birds eye chili for the sauce, don’t stress. Get the recipe.
2. Low-Carb Meatballs Alla Parmigiana
This is a great recipe to make a big batch of, freeze, and then thaw in the oven (under some sauce and cheese) whenever you need a quick dinner. Get the recipe.
3. Vegetarian Spinach and Pea Fried Rice
Saute scallions and peas; add cooked rice, soy sauce, vinegar and mirin; add spinach and whisk in eggs. Yum. Get the recipe.
4. Marinated Grilled Chicken with Cucumber-Watermelon Salsa
If you don’t have a grill, just pan roast your chicken breast (you can use a grill pan or just a regular skillter): Heat the oven to 400, heat canola oil in the skillet until it’s nearly smoking, put the chicken breasts into the skillet, pressing down occasionally for 5 minutes then transfer the skillet to oven and roast until chicken is just cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Get the recipe.
5. Linguine With Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese
Use whole grain pasta is you’re doing the healthy thing right now. And if you’re in a rush you can skip the toasted nuts and buy frozen corn. Get the recipe.
6. Grilled Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw, Mango and Avocado
If you don’t have a grill, just pan fry the fish: Heat a pan with canola oil until almost smoking then cook fish on eat side for 2-3 minutes. And if you’re in a hurry / hungry, skip the sour cream-cabbage concoction and just squeeze a little lime and sprinkle salt on sliced cabbage. Get the recipe.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️