1. Vietnamese Steak and Vermicelli Bowl
A very simple assembly. If you can’t find birds eye chili for the sauce, don’t stress. Get the recipe.
2. Low-Carb Meatballs Alla Parmigiana
This is a great recipe to make a big batch of, freeze, and then thaw in the oven (under some sauce and cheese) whenever you need a quick dinner. Get the recipe.
3. Vegetarian Spinach and Pea Fried Rice
Saute scallions and peas; add cooked rice, soy sauce, vinegar and mirin; add spinach and whisk in eggs. Yum. Get the recipe.
4. Marinated Grilled Chicken with Cucumber-Watermelon Salsa
If you don’t have a grill, just pan roast your chicken breast (you can use a grill pan or just a regular skillter): Heat the oven to 400, heat canola oil in the skillet until it’s nearly smoking, put the chicken breasts into the skillet, pressing down occasionally for 5 minutes then transfer the skillet to oven and roast until chicken is just cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Get the recipe.
5. Linguine With Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese
Use whole grain pasta is you’re doing the healthy thing right now. And if you’re in a rush you can skip the toasted nuts and buy frozen corn. Get the recipe.
6. Grilled Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw, Mango and Avocado
If you don’t have a grill, just pan fry the fish: Heat a pan with canola oil until almost smoking then cook fish on eat side for 2-3 minutes. And if you’re in a hurry / hungry, skip the sour cream-cabbage concoction and just squeeze a little lime and sprinkle salt on sliced cabbage. Get the recipe.
7. Lentils with Wine-Glazed Vegetables Recipe
Healthy comfort food: The lentils take about 25 minutes to cook, and meanwhile you will saute vegetables and garlic then add wine and tomato paste and simmer until it’s a syrup to go alongside. Get the recipe.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›