2. …there was a bar called CJ’s.
Actually, CJ’s is still there. Under new ownership, but there.
4. (Except that photo is from some imitator. CJ’s didn’t bother with fancy glassware.)
5. The infamous ROCKET FUEL has a lot in common with your standard pina colada.
Like coconut stuff. And pineapple stuff. And rum.
6. With two important additions: amaretto liqueur and overproof rum.
11. You will need:
from left: cream of coconut, pineapple juice (canned is fine cause like srsly it’s hot and you need a drink), and half and half (or cream, or milk is fine)
from left: amaretto liqueur, dark rum, and Bacardi 151
a blender and a lot of ice
17. How to Make A Rocket Fuel
Makes one drink (can be scaled up or down using this ratio)
1 part dark rum
1 part amaretto liqeuer
1 part cream of coconut
.5 part overproof rum like Bacardi 151
2 parts pineapple juice
Splash of milk, cream, or half and half
Floater of Bacardi 151
Maraschino cherry (optional)
Combine rums, amaretto, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and milk/cream/half and half in a blender. Add ice and blend. Pour into a cup and finish with 151 by pouring a little over the back of a spoon on top of the drink. Garnish with the cherry (optional).