I love the Epicurious app and I use it all the time for workweek meal inspiration or dinner parties. I found this other, more basic watermelon salad recipe for a Labor Day party a while ago. It was a hit at the BBQ, but after a while, I changed it up and started making this Vietnamese watermelon salad. It’s unreal. It takes only about ten minutes, the chopping is the main event — I don’t measure anything —then just toss to combine. —Morgan Morillo, 28, New York Times media planner, New York City
1. You will need:
6. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 15 minutes while you make the dressing.
You can leave them in there for up to 4 hours.
17. Then eat. Preferably alongside some kind of grilled meat.
Recipe by Victoria Abbott Riccardi for Bon Appetit.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- The U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, has voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.