1. So Thanksgiving was awesome.
Drinking more water helps flush out toxins, fights constipation, fatigue, and dry skin, and it boosts immunity from colds and flus.
Not an Egg McMuffin. Try one of these:
1. Oatmeal with some nuts
2. Fruit + yogurt
3. A hard-boiled egg and some “green juice”
Seriously — set a timer to go off if you need to be pulled out of the Internet or something to remember to eat. It will keep you from getting REALLY HUNGRY and then eating a huge meal.
No pile of food you consume should really be bigger than your fist. Except maybe vegetables.
Potatoes do not count.
Cutting carbs is actually counterproductive. Instead, avoid white bread and white pasta and up your intake of whole grains like quinoa, farro, brown rice, barley, oats, and soba noodles, and legumes like lentils.
Roughage means foods high in dietary fiber. And that means foods that will make you poop! So like:
2. Whole grains like steel-cut oats, whole-grain granola, whole-wheat pasta, and quinoa
3. Fruits and veggies like apples, broccoli, squash, blueberries, and kale
Let’s say today you make a big batch of quinoa and roast a bunch of sweet potatoes. Then you can use them through the week in different dishes like these:
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."