1. So Thanksgiving was awesome.
9. Follow this 10-step plan this week and very soon you’ll feel like this.
Drinking more water helps flush out toxins, fights constipation, fatigue, and dry skin, and it boosts immunity from colds and flus.
Not an Egg McMuffin. Try one of these:
1. Oatmeal with some nuts
2. Fruit + yogurt
3. A hard-boiled egg and some “green juice”
Seriously — set a timer to go off if you need to be pulled out of the Internet or something to remember to eat. It will keep you from getting REALLY HUNGRY and then eating a huge meal.
No pile of food you consume should really be bigger than your fist. Except maybe vegetables.
Potatoes do not count.
Cutting carbs is actually counterproductive. Instead, avoid white bread and white pasta and up your intake of whole grains like quinoa, farro, brown rice, barley, oats, and soba noodles, and legumes like lentils.
Roughage means foods high in dietary fiber. And that means foods that will make you poop! So like:
2. Whole grains like steel-cut oats, whole-grain granola, whole-wheat pasta, and quinoa
3. Fruits and veggies like apples, broccoli, squash, blueberries, and kale
24. 8. Cook a big batch of said roughage to use all week.
Let’s say today you make a big batch of quinoa and roast a bunch of sweet potatoes. Then you can use them through the week in different dishes like these:
We've got your WKND covered.
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›