1. You can relate to Anchorman.
News team assemble.
2. You over-under all of your cords.
From iPhone chargers to hair straighteners, you always try to practice your skills and keep everything organized.
3. You can spot a jump cut in a heartbeat.
4. You hate the production of first few seasons of The Office even though the show is hilarious.
Zooms and equipment in shots get on your nerves.
5. Every time you watch a TV news segment you refer to it as the A, B, C, D, or E block
6. You cannot watch the news with a family member.
You constantly focus on the camera techniques and the ability of the staff. You critique everything.
7. It kills you to see someone shooting a video vertically on his or her iPhone.
8. You judge a news station’s ethics.
Would you let the Mobile Leprechaun air?
9. You wonder what is going on in the control room while watching a live news show.
10. Hot keys are your best friend.
Whether it is command X or control X, you love that you don’t have to go through the menus. This saves time before deadlines.
11. You don’t question, you know reality TV shows are scripted.
It just doesn’t make sense when they wear the same outfit for their commentary throughout the whole show.
13. You spend a great deal of time trying to contact freelance contracting companies in hopes of working for ESPN or Fox Sports.
You pray you don’t end on the backup list.
14. A day that involves editing needs at least two trips to the local coffee shop
15. No one else around you understands the terms VO, VO-SOT, RDR
16. You have an endless collection of jump drives and external hard drives for your footage.
17. You love a photographer who matches the words with images.
18. You have to contain yourself on the sidelines since you can’t show your emotions or team spirit.
19. Also, you have to choose colors that do not represent the sports teams you are covering.
Pink is always a safe color.
20. You are good at looking at your surroundings while on the job
21. A press pass is never thrown away.
It becomes a piece of evidence that you worked at a certain sporting event.
22. Your family calls you to help them with their TVs, phones, and other technical issues
23. You feel like you wear the same outfit constantly.
Plan your outfits reporters.
24. You have five pairs of shoes with you on the job
You have a pair of tennis shoes, rain boots and dress shoes in several colors because you never know what a day is going to hold when you are a reporter.
25. You always have a heating pad ready after shooting a long event.
27. As a freelancer, you have had your fair share of fears and excitement for this channel.
28. You meet great people
From celebrities to ordinary people, someone always has a story to tell.
29. Now about your coworkers, they can make life better
30. You try to write the story in your head while you are driving.
Breaking news does not seem to wait at all.
31. You plan ahead just in case something goes wrong.
Extra notebooks in the car, a stockpile of pens, 10 extra SD Cards, pony tail holders, and a Mophie phone case might be several items that you have. You never know what the day is going to hold.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.