1. On Tuesday, Paramount Pictures Australia tweeted out a poster for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
2. The poster shows the Turtles jumping from an exploding building, and the Australian release date is listed as Sept. 11, 2014. Particularly since the franchise is set in New York City, many found it offensive.
The movie will be released in the U.S. Aug. 8, 2014.
3. Many people quickly commented on the poster.
7. Paramount Pictures AU has since deleted the tweet and has not mentioned the poster.
8. The poster has also been deleted from Paramount Pictures AU’s Facebook page.
9. Request for comment to Michael Bay went unanswered.
Update: Paramount Pictures Australia issued the below statement to BuzzFeed:
“We are deeply sorry to have used that artwork for the marketing materials promoting the September 11 opening in Australia. Combining that image and date was a mistake. We intended no offense and have taken immediate action to discontinue its use.”
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?