After a nearly 40-year career in Hollywood, Robin Williams died Monday at the age of 63. The actor took on serious and comedic roles on television and in movies, ranging from psychologists to robots to professors to pediatricians, and even a genie. But the one thread that connects them all is their ability to impart wisdom, with lines Williams delivered perfectly.
8. Always seek out a fresh perspective.
9. And be eager to try new things.
10. Find the good in each situation.
11. Don’t take things too personally.
15. Don’t be afraid to get in the game.
16. Protect your personal space.
18. Remember that you’ve already conquered most of your greatest obstacles.
20. Don’t settle.
21. Know that nothing feels as great or as awful as deep love.
23. A grand gesture goes a long way.
24. Your true friends always see the best in you.
25. And never forget you hold the cards.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador.