1. Tony Abbott, the conservative head of Australia’s Liberal Party, was elected Prime Minister Saturday, defeating opponent Kevin Rudd’s Labor Party for the first time in 6 years.
3. Australians on Tumblr first attempted to put the election into context for the rest of the world.
5. Meanwhile, the website howfuckedisaustralia.com offered helpful advice to those looking for information on Australia’s current political atmosphere.
6. Slowly, the rest of the world began to understand Australia’s anger…
10. Unhappy Australians channeled their disappointment into Tumblr and Twitter.
15. Some looked into the possibility of leaving the country for good.
tony abbott is the new prime minister of australia
18. While sympathetic Tumblr users from around the world offered refuge…
23. And the actions that the new Prime Minister might take once he assumes office.
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›