1. Two Tolkien fans filmed themselves watching the new trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and posted it to their “Happy Hobbits” webseries.
2. Sisters Kellie and Alex were pretty excited and enthusiastic about what they saw in the trailer.
3. Somehow, The Hobbit director Peter Jackson caught wind of the video and posted it to his Facebook page.
5. Orlando Bloom (Legolas), Evangeline Lilly (Tauriel) and Lee Pace (Thranduil) seemed genuinely pleased by the video, laughing and applauding the girls’ reactions.
The “Happy Hobbit” video bloggers have yet to post a video in response to Jackson’s awesomely sweet gesture, but it’s probably going to be pretty amazing.
7. Update - 9:45 p.m. ET: The Happy Hobbit bloggers have indeed posted a “reaction video to the reaction video of the reaction video” (also known as “Hobbit-ception”). To say they are wildly excited would be an understatement.
8. In case you were curious, this is what it looks like when fandom dreams come true.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›