1. Two Tolkien fans filmed themselves watching the new trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and posted it to their “Happy Hobbits” webseries.
2. Sisters Kellie and Alex were pretty excited and enthusiastic about what they saw in the trailer.
3. Somehow, The Hobbit director Peter Jackson caught wind of the video and posted it to his Facebook page.
5. Orlando Bloom (Legolas), Evangeline Lilly (Tauriel) and Lee Pace (Thranduil) seemed genuinely pleased by the video, laughing and applauding the girls’ reactions.
The “Happy Hobbit” video bloggers have yet to post a video in response to Jackson’s awesomely sweet gesture, but it’s probably going to be pretty amazing.
7. Update - 9:45 p.m. ET: The Happy Hobbit bloggers have indeed posted a “reaction video to the reaction video of the reaction video” (also known as “Hobbit-ception”). To say they are wildly excited would be an understatement.
8. In case you were curious, this is what it looks like when fandom dreams come true.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›