1. During the opening ceremony’s parade of nations, many athletes wore gloves with multicolored fingers, including the entire Greek Olympic team.
2. Some people watching the ceremony incorrectly assumed that the athletes were wearing rainbow gloves as a sign of LGBT pride in opposition to Russia’s discriminatory laws.
3. Actually, the multicolored accessories are the official gloves of the Sochi Winter Olympics.
5. The gloves are part of the official merchandise and are available for sale all over Sochi.
6. Basically, if there’s no purple and one of the colors is black, it’s not meant to represent a rainbow.
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite. Some critics think it was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- And Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California at 6:30 ET 🏈