1. Watch the plan unfold:
2. Hector “Tank” Martinez set a new standard for marriage proposals on Sunday when he popped the question to his girlfriend Paige on one of the busiest highways in Los Angeles during a “Unity Ride,” an event where solo and club bikers ride together.
The newly-engaged Paige Hernandez and Hector Martinez.
3. Martinez began planning the proposal in October, clearing his ideas with the Unity Ride organizer and purchasing a special tire that released pink smoke for the big moment.
4. “When Paige and I talked about my proposal, she mentioned that she wanted it to be in the bike scene, but she also wanted her family to be there,” Martinez told BuzzFeed via email.
5. “By proposing on the freeway and having all of our family members on the overpass watching, I was able to give her the best of both worlds.”
6. A close-up video of the proposal:
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›