1. Sweet Potato Spinach Soup with Cilantro Grilled Cheese
This soup overflows with tasty, good-for-you vegetables like sweet potatoes, spinach, and black-eyed peas. Watch out for the cilantro-grilled cheese!
2. Beefy Mac & Cheese with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Oooey, gooey and cheesy, this macaroni and cheese is the ultimate indulgence. Campanelle pasta captures bits of browned beef and provides a fantastic counterpart to a crispy topping of panko, parmesan and parsley.
3. Smothered Sliders with Zucchini and Carrot Sticks
Make all-American sliders for tomorrow night as you watch the election returns - there’s bipartisan agreement you can’t go wrong with caramelized onions, hamburger patties, and teeny slider buns!
4. Seared Tuna Sushi Bowls
This succulent tuna begs to be eaten immediately!
5. Pasta Carbonara with Edamame
There are competing theories about the origins of pasta carbonara: Some say that it was a dish cooked in the mountains by Italian charcoal makers, while others say that the abundant use of cracked black pepper in the dish resembles flakes of coal. Either way, carbonara is an amazing pasta dish. The cooked pasta is tossed with rendered bacon, browned onion, and garlic, then gets a slick coating of beaten eggs and parmesan. It may seem strange to pour raw eggs on top of cooked pasta, but the residual heat from the pasta cooks the eggs and turns them into an addictively rich coating for the noodles.
Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week which we deliver to your door hassle-free. (It comes in that box above!) Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). The fresh and exceptional ingredients are ready for you to cook. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. It’s a convenient and fun way bring out your inner cook in your own kitchen by following our designer chefs’ step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes by ordering here.
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›