1. Your home friends assumed that everyone in Exeter looks like this.
“Alright, me luverrrrrrr?!”
2. But really, they were more like this.
3. Flip-flops reigned on campus whatever the weather.
Torrential downpour? Earth-shattering hurricane? No match for a pair of Havaianas.
5. You knew that getting a seat in the library any later than 10am wasn’t possible.
7. Eating a packet of crisps in Amory was a punishable offence.
8. The Forum, all shiny and new, looked like Luton Airport’s departures lounge.
9. And it contained the Market Place, the best place to buy sandwiches.
10. As well as some more niche products.
Cracked heel balm anyone? Or maybe some stuffed teddies?
12. And announcing that you went to Holland Hall was like signing your life away.
13. Even though Hollanders couldn’t understand the fuss.
“So what if we have stunning views from our balconies!”
14. You pitied anyone who lived in Mount Pleasant and politely refused any offer to pre-drink there.
15. Of course, pre-drinks were treated like a military operation in order to get drunk and enter a club before the queues.
16. Mosaic’s queues were the worst.
If you got there after 9.30pm, you didn’t deserve personal space.
17. This is how the Lemmy made you feel as a fresher.
18. And this is how it made you feel as a third-year.
“Why do we keep coming here?”
21. Although there was always a bit of a shock when the lights came on at 1.30am.
22. Good old Arena always smelled like a hunk of festering feta cheese.
23. Which is why you made friends for life in the smoking area.
24. Sidwell Street offered a myriad of delightful kebab shops after Cheesy Tuesdays.
Mega Kebab, Best Kebab, Golden Horn… THERE WERE JUST SO MANY.
27. But that didn’t stop you feeling extremely proud if you lived there.
28. On a hangover, a trip to Toby Carvery was the most sacred of pilgrimages.
29. And thank god for Saunders and its never-ending selection of bargain snacks.
Giant bag of Monster Munch? Stop it, Saunders, you’re spoiling me!
30. A trip to the Co-Op on Pennsylvania Road meant you were guaranteed to run into everyone you knew.
31. The moment the sun came, out everyone had the same thought: TO THE CATHEDRAL!
33. Because what better way to piss off all your mates at Manchester and Leeds than with photos of you frolicking in crystal-clear waters?
“Diiiiiiiiid we mention it’s just 20 minutes away?”