1. 1: PBS Isn’t Just TV Anymore.
Let your 4-year-old nephew and 70-year-old grandma duke it out over whether to watch Barney or Antiques Roadshow (you decide who watches which show). PBS now makes web-exclusive content like this incredible Mister Rogers’ Remix or the series PBS Idea Channel.
They’re “hip” and “with it.”
3. 2: Because Everyone Needs a Good Cry Now and Then.
OR EVERY WEEK. WHATEVER.
4. 3: Whether You Grew up With a Single Parent or Are One Now, You Can Always Find a Respectable Father Figure on PBS.
5. 4: Because This Was What Vampires Looked Like Before They Were Sparkly.
“Oh. You can’t be in the sun? Let me help you by knocking your lights out.” This vampire grew up on the street. THE SESAME STREET.
6. 5: Because You’re Liberal.
Well, you at least lean more left than right.
7. 6: PBS President, Paula Kerger, is Bad Ass. And a Stone-Cold Fox.
I saiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid you were liberal. Girl power!
8. 7: Because Arthur is STILL on. And you STILL Get Excited When You See an Episode.
Or when you hear the Crazy Bus song.
9. 8: Two [Misspelled] Words: HAWT DOODS.
10. 9: Because You Always Root For the Underdog.
Spare some change?
11. 10: Because You Were Probably Involved with Greek Life During College.
And, like any good fraternity or sorority, PBS uses “pledges” to raise money.