1. There are all kinds of animated GIFs
2. Some are good
3. Some are weird
4. Some will break your heart
5. But, indeed, some are transcendent and culturally relevant
Like this one featuring Lucille Bluth
6. They need a place where they can be celebrated, an Animated GIF Hall of Fame
7. And, BuzzFeed, you are the world’s foremost repository of animated GIF-based storytelling
8. So BuzzFeed should sponsor the Animated GIF Hall of Fame and/or lead the effort to make this Hall of Fame a reality
9. Let’s give some of these great GIFs a place to be honored!
15. You could induct GIFs based on categories
22. Movie/TV clips
23. and Sports
24. You could even give out lifetime achievement awards to individuals who have shaped the medium
Neil deGrasse Tyson
30. So, lords of the BuzzFeed, take this as a humble suggestion
31. It’s time to start an Animated GIF Hall of Fame
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.