1. In case you didn’t know, this is Andrew McCutchen
He plays centerfield for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
2. He also pretty much dominated 2013
Call it the year of the Cutch
3. He started with a bold prediction
Posted on January 1, 2013. The caption here: “Our year!”
4. Then he landed on the cover of MLB 13: The Show
Thanks to your votes.
5. There was that whole baseball thing
He ended the season batting .317, with 21 home runs and 84 RBIs
9. He went to the All Star Game
10. He made the cover of Sports Illustrated
12. He was voted MVP of the National League
13. He also led the Pirates out of a 20 year losing streak
Potentially the biggest sports story of the year.
14. Off the field, he dominated too
He got an advance copy of the PS4
15. He met Anthony Bourdain
Tell me you wouldn’t want to do that.
16. He made a bunch of Tom Cruise tribute GIFs
18. He was immortalized in watermelon
19. He was invited to present an award at the American Music Awards
Who know’s what might be next… the Tonys?
20. He took this photo with his great grandfather
21. And he proposed to his girlfriend (She said yes)
And he did it on Ellen no less!
22. Congratulations, Andrew
You’ve won 2013
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 21 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, BBC News reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›