1. You land in Japan and Immediately you are bombarded with more cuteness than you can handle
Hello Kitty is legitimately everywhere.
2. Nothing makes sense, and that doesn’t bother you
Seriously, nothing makes sense at all.
3. Riding trains everywhere
They are both fast and on time. Take that, Amtrak
4. Your rail pass is practically a work of art
And you thought your Eurail pass was cool…
Hold on, I’m just taking a bath with strangers in hot spring water.
6. When you call home, you are calling the past
You: “Last night was great.”
Them: “Oh, awesome, I’m heading out now.”
7. Kaiten Sushi
Also known as the optimal way to receive sushi
8. Speaking of which, Japanese food is awesome
10. You can appreciate all the things you liked as a child without seeming that childish
11. You have all kinds of new sports to care about
New goal: become Yokozuna
12. Shrines, temples and gardens are lovely places and you will know how to differentiate between them
14. Taiko Drum Master
and Game Centers in general
18. You head to school each morning alongside these precious youngsters
19. You will see commercials featuring American celebrities
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›