1. You land in Japan and Immediately you are bombarded with more cuteness than you can handle
Hello Kitty is legitimately everywhere.
2. Nothing makes sense, and that doesn’t bother you
Seriously, nothing makes sense at all.
3. Riding trains everywhere
They are both fast and on time. Take that, Amtrak
4. Your rail pass is practically a work of art
And you thought your Eurail pass was cool…
Hold on, I’m just taking a bath with strangers in hot spring water.
6. When you call home, you are calling the past
You: “Last night was great.”
Them: “Oh, awesome, I’m heading out now.”
7. Kaiten Sushi
Also known as the optimal way to receive sushi
10. You can appreciate all the things you liked as a child without seeming that childish
11. You have all kinds of new sports to care about
New goal: become Yokozuna
12. Shrines, temples and gardens are lovely places and you will know how to differentiate between them
18. You head to school each morning alongside these precious youngsters
19. You will see commercials featuring American celebrities
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›