1. You land in Japan and Immediately you are bombarded with more cuteness than you can handle
Hello Kitty is legitimately everywhere.
2. Nothing makes sense, and that doesn’t bother you
Seriously, nothing makes sense at all.
3. Riding trains everywhere
They are both fast and on time. Take that, Amtrak
4. Your rail pass is practically a work of art
And you thought your Eurail pass was cool…
Hold on, I’m just taking a bath with strangers in hot spring water.
6. When you call home, you are calling the past
You: “Last night was great.”
Them: “Oh, awesome, I’m heading out now.”
7. Kaiten Sushi
Also known as the optimal way to receive sushi
10. You can appreciate all the things you liked as a child without seeming that childish
11. You have all kinds of new sports to care about
New goal: become Yokozuna
12. Shrines, temples and gardens are lovely places and you will know how to differentiate between them
18. You head to school each morning alongside these precious youngsters
19. You will see commercials featuring American celebrities
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›