1. They look kind of like flying penguins
They may not be closely related to penguins, but they can both fly and swim. This is a significant improvement.
2. Puffins feed almost entirely on fish
An adult puffin will eat as much as 40 fish per day. Take that Joey Chestnut!
3. Puffins live in colonies
With most birds, you only see one or two at a time, but not puffins!
5. They inspired this great ‘No Smoking’ pun
We’ll keep the actual puffin though, because they are the best bird ever.
6. They come in multiple species
This is a Tufted Puffin.
This is an Atlantic Puffin (also known as a Common Puffin)
7. Cute babies (obviously)
8. Their call sounds like a chainsaw
9. They know how to really strike a pose
10. They look great in black and white
11. Webbed feet!
All of the best birds have webbed feet.
12. They are really cute!
The Clowns of the Sea!
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.