1. Family recipes.
Be honest: without instructions you’ll probably mess things up.
2. Classic books.
There’s nothing like the scent of an old book, and Kindle libraries just aren’t as pretty.
3. Your teddy bear.
Your first best friend deserves to stick around.
4. Tour Gear
Proof you were there is in what you wear.
5. Trophies, medals, and badges.
Whether it’s a Purple Heart or a Girl Scout camping badge, you earned it and deserve to hold on to it.
6. Your blankie.
Does keeping your baby blanket make you a baby? No way!
7. Event tickets.
8. Exotic, foreign, and collectable currency.
You wouldn’t spend it now even if you could.
9. Family pictures and snapshots.
There’s nothing like flipping through an album and crying from a nostalgia attack. Pro tip: scan these so you have electronic copies just in case.
10. Lucky underwear.
As long as these are clean and wearable, they’re keepers. Especially during the World Series, Super Bowl, or college finals.
11. Your record collection.
Because vinyl is cool again, man.
12. Newspaper clippings from historic events.
Pro tip: place cool clippings in an album so they’re protected and don’t present a fire hazard.
13. Homemade art projects.
It might be the most creative thing you ever do, so hold on to it.
14. Old love letters.
Warning: Highly emotional content! Memories at every turn!
15. Your first paycheck.
Nowadays you can cash that sucker using your cell phone. Keep the check, frame it, and hang it up in your home office as a reminder of the value of hard work.
16. Old mixtapes.
These are gold. Especially if you still have a way to play them.
17. Souvenirs from cool places.
Pint-sized reminders of the many places you’ve been will never go out of style.
18. Classic action figures.
Sure, they may be worth big bucks now (especially in original packaging). But mostly they remind you of simpler times. Like before “Ninja Rap” existed.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.