1. On July 13th, Cartoon Network debuted a new style for Wonder Woman.
DC Nation Shorts are a series of animations strung together to create at thirty minute show. Similar to the Cartoon Cartoon! shorts of the 90s — which spawned shows like The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter’s Laboratory — the shorts give animators more room to experiment.
2. With a decidedly 70s vibe, Diana Prince is one hip cat.
4. Which is no surprise to fans of another DC short, Super Best Friends Forever.
Starring Bat Girl, Donna Troy (Wonder Girl), and Supergirl in wacky adventures, Wonder Woman’s little sister paved the way for Amazons of Latin origin.
5. In their cartoon, Wonder Girl’s background is hinted at when the girls bribe her to go to Latin America.
Though fans seem split as to whether her accent is Greek or Brazilian. Whether these are one-off coincidences or DC is taking baby steps to diversifying their homogeneous Justice League remains to be seen. In the meantime, just bask in the badassery that are these ladies.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›