9. Goodbye replicated foods. What a better world that would have been, all of us vegans.
10. And first contact with alien species, those sweet unknown space creatures.
11. Goodbye to moving sidewalks replacing our streets.
From Edison films catalog: This picture was taken from the stationary platform, showing the rapidly moving board walk on the outer edge, which has a speed of five miles per hour; also shows the middle platform moving two and a-half miles per hour, the third platform being stationary.
18. Goodbye full immersion virtual reality. Though who knows, maybe we’re all brains in vats.
19. Goodbye to all you sweet science fiction tech which hasn’t reached completion. We hardly knew ye.
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.