9. Goodbye replicated foods. What a better world that would have been, all of us vegans.
10. And first contact with alien species, those sweet unknown space creatures.
11. Goodbye to moving sidewalks replacing our streets.
From Edison films catalog: This picture was taken from the stationary platform, showing the rapidly moving board walk on the outer edge, which has a speed of five miles per hour; also shows the middle platform moving two and a-half miles per hour, the third platform being stationary.
18. Goodbye full immersion virtual reality. Though who knows, maybe we’re all brains in vats.
19. Goodbye to all you sweet science fiction tech which hasn’t reached completion. We hardly knew ye.
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›