1. Goodbye Skynet, you nightmarish creation.
3. and time travel, too. How we longed for your realization!
4. And goodbye hoverboards, you were never meant to be.
6. And teleportation is something else we’ll never see.
9. Goodbye replicated foods. What a better world that would have been, all of us vegans.
10. And first contact with alien species, those sweet unknown space creatures.
11. Goodbye to moving sidewalks replacing our streets.
From Edison films catalog: This picture was taken from the stationary platform, showing the rapidly moving board walk on the outer edge, which has a speed of five miles per hour; also shows the middle platform moving two and a-half miles per hour, the third platform being stationary.
18. Goodbye full immersion virtual reality. Though who knows, maybe we’re all brains in vats.
19. Goodbye to all you sweet science fiction tech which hasn’t reached completion. We hardly knew ye.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›