9. Goodbye replicated foods. What a better world that would have been, all of us vegans.
10. And first contact with alien species, those sweet unknown space creatures.
11. Goodbye to moving sidewalks replacing our streets.
From Edison films catalog: This picture was taken from the stationary platform, showing the rapidly moving board walk on the outer edge, which has a speed of five miles per hour; also shows the middle platform moving two and a-half miles per hour, the third platform being stationary.
18. Goodbye full immersion virtual reality. Though who knows, maybe we’re all brains in vats.
19. Goodbye to all you sweet science fiction tech which hasn’t reached completion. We hardly knew ye.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."