1. You own a pair of cowboy boots.
They go with dresses, jeans, plaid, solids, suits, literally everything. Plus they look better the dirtier they get.
2. The answer is always Coke.
You can taste the difference and there is a clear winner. Pepsi, who?
3. You listen to country music.
Beer. Family. Tractors. What’s not to love?
4. The right football is college football.
Specifically the SEC, but we’ll let other conferences play too. Remember Notre Dame last year? Aww.
5. Bowties are acceptable, even encouraged.
You can never be too overdressed. Though scruff and plaid is always a strong second option.
6. Fried food is a staple…
And cornbread. And mac ‘n cheese. And green beans.
7. …But BBQ is king.
Mustard or ketchup based? I’ll let y’all fight it out.
8. The plural of You is Y’all.
The drawl really perfects it.
9. Manners are still important.
Women are entirely capable of doing things on their own, but every now and then a gentleman should open a door for them.
10. Family is everything.
As my dad once answered a question in an interview, “The thing I don’t want you to know about me is that my family comes first.”
11. You or most of your friends are either married or engaged.
As long as the weddings have open bars, congratulations!
12. Most people you know are in a sorority or a fraternity.
Coolers, paddles, mixers, formals, chapter, I could go on.
13. The American Flag is on display on your porch and on your clothes, even on days other than July 4th.
God Bless America.
14. You go camping.
And fishing, and tubing down the river, and hiking.
15. You used mason jars before everyone on Pinterest did.
Mainly to drink out of because everyone knows that Southerners can hold their alcohol.