1. You got in! YAY!
You have been accepted into nursing school! This is SO EXCITING! “I’ll be a hero,” you say to yourself.
2. You get your very own stethoscope! How cool is that?!?
Which color do you choose? What kind? Adult or pediatrics? You’ve always dreamed of pediatrics, so that justifies spending $200 more than the regular one. Totally.
3. AND your very own scrubs?! Life rocks.
Of course, your school makes you wear a color that make you all stand out from the rest of the hospital, to clearly label yourself as students. But whatever, it’s cool. You’re still on top of the world.
You soon learn that all answers on tests are correct, but there is only one that is the MOST correct.
6. First day of clinical! CAN’T. CONTAIN. EXCITEMENT.
Until you soon realize that students get a lot of grunt work, and your clinical peers will quickly become your best friends.
7. Then the REAL fun begins. Like the first time you smelled C-Diff.
That smell will never, EVER leave your brain. You’ve almost thrown up on a patient from the odor….a couple times. Trash can near by is always smart.
9. Don’t forget your first shot!
The patient is all like “is this your first time?” Oh no, ma’am. I’ve done PLENTY of these. On oranges.
10. Getting up early, now? Not even a problem.
And by early, that means before the sun even rises. You are lucky if you see daylight before you enter the hospital. Non nursing friends be like “oh I have to get up at 8:30, so early!” PLEASE.
12. 1st Semester DONE! Now come the specialty clinicals.
Psych, OB, Peds, Critical Care. NOW the fun can begin, right?
13. Psych clinical- this should be interesting!
Until the patient tells you the voices in his head are telling him to throw a fire extinguisher at your head. Um. Help?
15. Pediatrics! YES! This is the moment we’ve all been waiting for.
The childrens hospitals are all so colorful and there are toys everywhere! This is what you’ve wanted your whole life! And then you hear getting a job in peds is pretty much impossible. WOMP.
16. Wait, this is only a 4 credit hour class?
3 hours of in class lecture, 3 hours of online lecture, 3 hours of homework, 8 hours of clinical….Makes sense.
17. Labor and delivery time….can’t decide whether to be excited or grossed out.
YAY this is so cool! Oh wait..what’s that smell? I love being there for mom and dad! OMG stop screaming it can’t hurt THAT bad. Wait, baby is coming, woohoo! Oh gosh….wow…that’s a big baby. First breath, it’s so precious! Miracle of life!
19. ANOTHER conversion quiz?
We’re seniors now. Do we really need to practice our conversions more? Isn’t there something else more important we could be doing?
20. Wait, is that an A? YES, I GOT AN A!!!!!
You mean to tell me this only counts for 1.5% of my total grade? WHAT? Whatever. I guess I’ll take what I can get.
21. With every good grade comes the bad one.
These stages = 100% true.
22. Just a few more nursing diagnoses….must push through….
You could recite the nursing handbook.
23. “I can’t, I have to study…” is what your friends expect you to say when asked to hang out.
And by study, you mean spend 1 hour doing mindless things on the internet followed by 30 minutes of half-reading over the notes, followed by another hour spent watching Netflix, followed by 15 minutes of reading the book, followed by a 3 hour nap.
24. It’s October, which means 9 weeks until Christmas! PUSH THROUGH!
Until you realize that this will be your last Christmas break. Ever. After this, work work work.
25. You start getting a little sentimental about your time in nursing school.
After all, you have spent all of your waking hours with these people.
27. Just think, only 1 more semester after this!!
Graduation is SO close!
30. Congratulations on making it this far, you’re an all star!
Finish school strong and go make differences in people’s lives. YOU ROCK!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders faced off for the first time since the Bern's big win in New Hampshire. Here's the recap 🇺🇸