2. Which was great, until you accidentally called one of them by their first name in front of the whole class
4. But you’d hide every time you drove past your friends at the bus stop
5. Other kids would constantly ask you “Are you Mr X/Mrs Y’s kid?”
6. At which point you’d be greeted by one of the following reactions. Either this…
9. You didn’t really understand why the other kids would freak out about parents’ evening
Every day was a parents’ evening for you!
12. Everyone would find it hysterical when you called them ‘mum’ or ‘dad’
Surely it would have been weirder if you’d called them ‘Miss’ or ‘Sir’?
13. Then there was the day in Year 8 when you found out they’d be teaching you maths for a whole year
15. And you learnt that you should NEVER interrupt a teacher who’s in the middle or writing reports
16. It took you years to realise not all parents had the summer holidays off work like yours did
18. And being an easily embarrassed teen, this meant you ended up not going out with anyone
20. You couldn’t go out as a family without someone shouting “Hi Miss!” or “Oi, Sir!”
21. You could never get away with the old, “But I don’t have any homework” line
22. It wasn’t all bad though. If you got *really* stuck on something, your mum/dad would call your teacher for help
23. You’d find out all the staff room gossip
Which teacher did everyone hate? Which teachers were secretly dating? What was the real reason the head had been on unpaid leave for 6 months?
24. You were allowed to look at your classmates’ marks providing you didn’t say anything
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage. ?