1. A cat version of the corgi exists: the munchkin cat.
4. When you shave a guinea pig it looks like a little hippo.
12. Red pandas can have tails that grow up to 18 inches — despite being the size of a house cat.
13. It is actually impossible to be as ugly as the blobfish.
15. Dolphins have names for one another.
“Each dolphin produces its own unique signature whistle that describes its individual identity,” researchers said in a University of St. Andrews press release. “The new study suggests that in fact dolphins are mimicking those they are close to and want to see again.”
17. Cuddling releases serotonin and oxytocin, which can help improve one’s mood and fight depression.
21. Not only do penguins mate for life, but they also spend time finding a pebble to give their mate in order to “propose.”
23. A smile means the same thing in every language.
25. You can tickle a penguin.
26. There is no way to angrily say the word bubbles.
27. There’s a German shepherd who has become a seeing-eye dog for a blind spaniel.
When Ellie, a blind spaniel, was adopted by shelter manager Jean Spencer, she never expected that her other dog, Leo, would choose to become her very own seeing-eye dog. “I take them for walks in the park and Leo guides Ellie around,” says Spencer. “He is so protective and herds the more boisterous dogs away from her.”
28. The voice of Mickey Mouse and the voice of Minnie Mouse got married in real life.
29. Ornithophobia is the irrational fear of birds.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰