2. This is what it looks like when you throw boiling water out a window at -41°C:
7. This is what a star being devoured by a black hole looks like:
8. When a cheetah runs, it quickly rotates its tail to cancel rotational inertia and minimize torque:
12. This is what it looks like during an arctic summer, when the sun does not set:
13. Here’s the Pythagorean theorem (a² + b² = c²) demonstrated visibly:
14. This is how small Earth is compared to the largest known star:
16. This might be how the statues on Easter Island got to where they ended up:
Here Are The Top Stories
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel on Saturday in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.
- Popular sections of Reddit went dark this week as confusion and protests swept the site.