2. This is what it looks like when you throw boiling water out a window at -41°C:
7. This is what a star being devoured by a black hole looks like:
8. When a cheetah runs, it quickly rotates its tail to cancel rotational inertia and minimize torque:
12. This is what it looks like during an arctic summer, when the sun does not set:
13. Here’s the Pythagorean theorem (a² + b² = c²) demonstrated visibly:
14. This is how small Earth is compared to the largest known star:
16. This might be how the statues on Easter Island got to where they ended up:
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.