1. Maybe you hadn’t noticed, but there are some amazing hats at these Winter Olympics.
2. There have been funny Russian hats.
3. Hats with lions on top.
4. And hats with birds!
When it doubt, put a bird on it.
5. There has been traditional Russian head garb, like this kokoshnik.
6. Hats that look incredibly, fantastically warm.
7. And then hats that are a wee bit Soviet.
8. We’ve seen hats that are really oranges.
YES HOLLAND YES.
9. We’ve seen hats that are really horns.
Well played, Norway.
11. And hats that probably deserve an explanation.
Maybe not the best choice, BBC announcer Graham Bell.
12. Oh, and then there’s this. Whatever this is, it is amazing.
13. Well done, Sochi. And please keep giving us even more amazing hats.
14. Update - Feb. 12, 11:23 p.m., ET: The amazing hats keep coming.
16. Look at this! The eagles! The crowns! The fact that this hat is three times the size of this man’s head. This is next-level headgear.
17. Update - Feb. 13, 8:01 a.m., ET: A hat has been spotted that demands its own update.
18. This might be the one, people. This Wisconsin cheesehead might be the hat of the Games. Could anything possibly top this?
19. Update - Feb. 13, 4:46 p.m., ET - Another view of this incredible cheesehead hat has surfaced.
20. Update - Feb. 14, 12:07 p.m., ET: MORE HATS.
21. YES, RUSSIA, YES.
22. You’ve really brought it this year, Russian fans.
23. I mean, really brought it.
24. Some sort of genie thing going on here, and it’s excellent.
26. Orange lions with horns? Sure!
27. You, sir, are the one we should be pointing at.
28. Update - Feb. 14, 3:01 p.m., ET: The CBC’s Don Cherry has emerged as a contender for Hat Of The Olympics.
29. Update - Feb. 18, 1:27 p.m., ET: Never stop, amazing hats.
30. Welcome to the Hat Olympics, America.
31. Nice. Not thrilling, but nice.
32. Not technically a hat, but this is still nicely done, Holland.
33. Okay, who didn’t get the memo about the white hat?
34. Norwegian fan wearing horns + Norwegian curlers wearing amazing pants. THIS is how it’s done.
35. Update - Feb. 20, 11:32 p.m., ET: THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE HAT. THIS IS THE ONE WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
36. We can shut it down now.
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›