1. Your BBQ place says a lot about who you are.
Bryant’s, Gates, or Oklahoma Joe’s?
2. The announcement of Boulevard’s new seasonal beer beats any wedding/birth/graduation announcement you will ever receive.
3. You own more Royals T-shirt jerseys than any other item of clothing.
4. But you can’t name more than three players on the current roster.
5. You know what a Jayhawk is, and you have strong feelings about it.
6. And you’re dead certain that there’s no better place to be on a spring day than the Plaza.
7. When you hear the words “Suicide Hill,” you immediately think: “Greatest snow day EVER.”
8. You know this map by heart.
Oceans of Fun kind of sucked, but you did it anyway.
9. And somehow, you no longer giggle when you drive past this.
11. You’re not entirely sure what the outdoor venue in Bonner Springs is called this year, but that won’t keep you from going this summer.
12. You’ve done that drive to Denver. You know, to the second, how long it takes to get there. And you know exactly how painful every single one of those seconds feels.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO LONG AND BORING, KANSAS???
15. Of course, you also don’t think it’s weird that you’re never more than three degrees of separation from anyone in a city with millions of people.
16. Or that driving 45 minutes is considered going “across town.”
20. You will, to your dying day, contend that Don Denkinger made the right call at first base.
21. You’re 98% sure that the final word of the national anthem is “CHIEFS!”
You yell it every time, whether or not you’re in KC.
22. And you don’t think it’s weird that there’s an unused spaceship right in the middle of town.
23. You’re tired of the stereotype that everyone in the Midwest is an overweight redneck.
Ginger Rogers: Born in Independence. David Cook: Raised in Blue Springs. Kate Spade: Born and raised in KC.