Spending day (and now it looks like night) in Chicago O'Hare was not what I'd planned. Autocorrect turned it to "chicago i hate" airport.
3. The only catch is that you couldn’t find a nonstop flight. I wonder where you’ll be connecting through?
4. Oh — it’s Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
6. Four terminals, nine concourses, and nearly 6 million passengers per month in the summertime.
O’Hare handled 26 million passengers in just the first five months of 2013!
7. It’s like hell — if hell had moving walkways.
8. But the walkways never seem to be around when you’ve only got 25 minutes to make that connecting flight….
9. …and the gate you need to get to is a mile away.
10. Hope you enjoy sprinting through the airport with your carry-on bag!
11. Oh, and guess what? Your flight just got delayed! Sorry you had to run through the airport like a maniac for all that…
O’Hare is No. 1 — at least when it comes to delays! Three out of every 10 flights at O’Hare this year have been delayed, ranking it last among all major American airports.
12. And heaven help you if you have to actually go through security or customs.
The average wait time at O’Hare customs during busy hours: 63.6 minutes!
13. Of course, it cant really be all that bad, right? I mean who doesn’t love a needlessly humongous airport?
14. Especially when there are such comfortable places to relax.
15. First-class dining options.
16. The occasional monster attack or near-apocalyptic thunderstorm.
Also: How did those monsters get past TSA? I get a freedom search if I have three ounces of contact solution in my bag, but FREAKING ZOMBIES get through clean??