1. JJ Abrams has taken over the script for the new Star Wars movie from Little Miss Sunshine writer Michael Arndt.
The director will rewrite the script along with Lawrence Kasdan, who also co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. The change was announced via the Star Wars website.
2. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy commented:
I am very excited about the story we have in place and thrilled to have Larry and JJ working on the script. There are very few people who fundamentally understand the way a Star Wars story works like Larry, and it is nothing short of incredible to have him even more deeply involved in its return to the big screen. JJ of course is an incredible storyteller in his own right. Michael Arndt has done a terrific job bringing us to this point and we have an amazing filmmaking and design team in place already prepping for production.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›